Online Shopping Statistics 2016
2016 was the year everything went mobile.Online shoppers now demand a quick, hassle-free process. And it’s only going to get more advanced in 2017, just look at our online shopping statistics 2016.
Online Shopping Statistics 2016:
- The 2016 U.K. eCommerce market is the strongest in Europe and the third largest in the world, totaling £77 billion in 2015 and expected to reach £103 billion by 2018. (PFSWeb)
- 51% of online purchases now made from smartphones. (IMRG)
- 80% of the digital population has made a purchase via the Internet. 50% of those have shopped online more than once. (Invesp)
- The abandonment rate for a mobile shopping cart is higher (at 97%) than that of desktop shopping carts (at 70 – 75%). (RadwareBlog)
- 40% of global Internet users, or more than 1 billion people, have bought products or goods online (ReveChat)
- 33% of UK online shopping occurs after 6 pm. (IMRG)
- 71% of customers think they will find better deals online, than in a store. (Slez Blog)
- Online sales make up 13% of the UK economy. (Remarkety)
- E-commerce sales are expected to account for 15% of the UK economy by 2017. (Ve Interactive)
- UK e-commerce spending expected to top £60bn in 2016. (Ve Interactive)
Impressive, right? We have more!
The future is still mobile, and almost everything is available online. 33% of men and 40% of women aged between 18-34 say they would happily buy everything online. (Business Insider)
Wondering what you could do to improve online sales? Perhaps offer discounts from time to time. 62% of female online buyers pay attention to promotions and discounts, with 57% of males doing the same. (FactBrowser)
Compared to last year, the internet has proved online shopping is here to stay, and it’s only going to get better and better for 2017. Technology is more advanced and with loyal services such as PayPal, customers are more trusting of online sources to fulfil their shopping needs.
Shocked by our Online Shopping Statistics 2016?
Bray Solutions can support your customers’ internet shopping experience with our full 3pl & retail logistic services.
Call us on 01780 784875 or
email us at email@example.com
Click to read all our e-commerce & warehousing industry blogs here!
According to Manufacturing Business Technology, 15% of all goods are either returned or never sold in the first place, and a considerable portion of these products almost always end up back in the warehouse they came from. If you consider the average warehouse space,...