Shopping online has progressed massively in 2015, resulting in some astounding online shopping statistics.
- 76% of British adults access the internet every day, growing by 21 million in the past ten years. *2
- Statistics are progressively increasing each year, with online shopping retail sales predicted to increase to around $370 billion by 2017, up from $231 billion in 2012. *3
- Amazon was the most popular worldwide retailer in 2015 with electronics, fashion and appliances being the most popular items ordered. *4
- In 2015 16.5% of all online purchases were through mobile devices with a prediction that this rise to over 25% in 2016. *5
- 71.4% of people will still use a PC to order, not only because they have a preference to shop in person, but the concerns of payment security and privacy invasion. *6
The future of e-commerce is mobile. Retailers could improve their business ensuring they have a responsive website, optimised, and updated regularly.
The purchase of tablets has risen throughout 2015, so do not forget them! 44% of e-commerce businesses do not have a tablet-optimised website, despite the 12.1% of people who will use a tablet to order online. *7
Resisting change is going to result in the business falling behind. Keep these online shopping statistics in mind when making important changes to your business this year.
Bray Solutions can support your customers’ internet shopping experience with our full 3pl services. Call us on 01780 784875 or email us at email@example.com