Tired of picking and packing? Want to focus your attention on marketing your business and selling that product? Here’re our top 5 reasons to outsource your warehouse operations.
While there are many reasons that a business would choose to outsource their warehouse operations to a 3PL (Third Party Logistics) provider, here are five of the most common:
- Scalability: Like many businesses, space can become a real issue., especially when your business goes through astronomical growth. Utilising a 3PL provider will ensure stress-free transitions between industry ups and downs. Thus, giving you the flexibility to use more space and resources as and when required.
- Reduce overheads: Using a 3PL provider eliminates the need to invest in warehouse space, racking, MHE, and technology to execute the logistics process. 3PL providers can prevent you from making costly mistakes, and allow your business to build a global logistical network with lower risk and higher return.
- Expertise: Outsourcing logistics means your company can focus on its core competencies, leaving the rest to be handled by the experts. 3PL services give you the confidence and peace of mind that your logistical requirements are being taken care of by reliable, seasoned professionals.
- Staff Liability: Using the services of a 3PL reduces staff liability and allows flexibility, such as staffing up during busy periods, and cutting back where necessary. Therefore, you will only pay for what you use, and when.
- Reduced shipping costs: A 3PL provider leverages relationships and volume discounts with a vast network of courier services. Your business will benefit from cost savings with the best, and most cost-effective, courier.
Written by: Dale Sharpe, Business Development Manager.